The Life of a Swiss Guard: A Private View
FREE TO THE PUBLIC PURCHASE THE EXHIBIT CATALOG
"The Life of a Swiss Guard" was originally displayed in the Vatican Museums Cortile delle Corazze during the spring of 2016. The New England Chapter is privileged to host this exhibition in Boston’s Faneuil Hall.
This exhibition is designed to travel to other cities. It is already scheduled to open in Los Angeles California, at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, from December 1, 2016 to January 15, 2017. Other cities such as Chicago, Boston, Cleveland, Minneapolis, Washington DC, and Miami, are hoping to host the exhibition in the near future. It is an ideal setting for events related to the Patrons of the Arts, and other groups who desire to express their dedication to the Pope and their love for the rich tradition of the Catholic Church.
An Exhibition at the Vatican Museums
The exhibition we are privileged to view in Boston’s Faneuil Hall was also prominently displayed in the Vatican Museums Cortile delle Corazze during the months of April, May and June of 2016 for all visitors to enjoy as they entered and exited the museums.
- Military paraphernalia passed down from generation to generation of this military corps steeped in honored traditions
- 80 photographs that disclose the dedication within the hearts of men who take the oath as members of the Pontifical Swiss Guard
Dr. Romina Cometti is the conservation projects manager for the Office of the Patrons of the Arts in the Vatican Museums and curator of "The Life of a Swiss Guard” exhibition. Dr. Cometti coordinates the travel and display logistics for this exhibition in the host cities.
Fabio Mantegna works with his photography in the contemporary art world. He collaborates with ACACIA –Associazione Amici Arte Contemporanea Italiana, Fondazione Marconi, Fondazione Mudima and for several photographic workshops with contemporary art artists like: Daniel Spoerri, Turi Simeti, Umberto Eco, Alberto Casiraghi, Philip Corner, Gillo Dorfles, Achille Bonito Oliva, Jannis Kounellis, Antonio Dias, Nanni Balestrini, Matteo Pugliese, Valentino Vago, Fabrizio Plessi, Arnaldo Pomodoro,Yoko Ono, Lee Ufan, Ben Vautier, Arturo Schwarz, Emilio Isgrò and many others. He lives and works in Milan.
The Objects and Paraments
- Antique Armor - Officer n. 84 composed of 5 elements
- Contemporary Armor – Officer. Composed of 5 elements
- Antique high crested helmet with no visors
- Helmet decorated with engravings (end 16th century)
- 1 Halberdier with cap and dagger
1 Sergeant with cap and dagger
- 1 Halberd
- 1 Bat wing lance engraved on the blade with the coat of arms of St. Pius X